We at Egnify wanted to share with you precise information about the changes that had taken place in the pattern of JEE (Main) 2020. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts JEE (Main) in two slots each year, one in January and the other in April. This Computer Based Test is conducted separately for B.E./B.Tech (Paper-I) and B.Arch/B.Plan (Paper-II). Please note that the exam for B.Plan is separated from B.Arch this time by asking questions on planning separately for Paper-I.
Differences Between JEE (Main) 2019 & 2020.
|1||Duration of Exam|
|Paper I (BE/B.Tech)||3 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|Paper II (B.Arch/B.Plan)||3 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|2||Number of Questions|
|Paper I (BE/B.Tech)||30 Each in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||25 each in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry|
|Total 90||Total 75|
|Single Choice Questions - 30 in each subject||Single choice questions - 20 in each subject|
|Numerical/Integer type questions – 5 in each subject|
|Paper II (B Arch)||B. Arch & B Plan||For B. Arch,|
|Maths – 30||Math - 20 + 5|
|Aptitude – 50||Aptitude – 50|
|Drawing – 2||Drawing – 2|
|Total questions – 82||Total questions - 77|
|For B. Plan,|
|Math - 20 + 5|
|Aptitude – 50|
|Drawing – 25|
|Total questions - 100|
Important Tips for success in the exam:
- The total number of questions in JEE is significantly reduced, keeping the time (3 hrs) the same, this indicates that you get approximately two and a half minutes to solve each question. So, don’t be in a haste, to attempt it before time.
- Because of the decrease in number, it is not possible to ask questions from all the chapters. Therefore, a fusion of concepts is expected.
- Questions on Integer/Numerical type questions are asked for the first time. So, take time in understanding the question.
- Since time is reduced, there is a possibility to ask LENGTHY and CALCULATION based questions.
- Every mark is important. So, no guesswork is advised.
- I advise you to revise PREVIOUS YEARS questions for a better understanding of the standard questions asked.
- Appear for as many numbers of Mock Tests (Preferably Online) as possible, do a thorough self-evaluation( identify your weak areas ) and prepare accordingly.